Prof. Dr. - Ing. Habil. Ioannis Nicolaou
For more than 30 years focused Research and Industrial experience on Solid - Liquid Separation
Born in Cyprus (Greek Cypriot)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering, University of Karlsruhe / Germany, 1984 (graduating with distinction - first class)
- PhD, University of Karlsruhe / Germany, Institute of Mechanical Process Engineering and Mechanics, 1991 (passed with distinction - first class)
- Emil Kirschbaum Award for an Outstanding Diploma (1985) and Heinz-Maier-Leibnitz Award of the German government for an outstanding research work on Filtration (1994)
- Professoral Thesis (Habilitation), University of Karlsruhe / Germany, 1996
- Research Fellow as Co-worker of Prof. Stahl, a worldwide leader in applied Solid Liquid Separation Research work, 1986-1996
- Head of the Solid-Liquid Separation and Crystallisation team, Siemens (former Hoechst AG), 1997-2000
- Professor at the University of Karlsruhe / Germany since 1997 with own lectures.
- Visiting Professor at the University of Florida, Engineering Research Center for Particle Science & Technology, Eminent Scholar, 2002
- Owner and Director of the Company NIKIFOS since 2000
- Developer of the Filtration Software FILOS, CENTRISTAR, CYCLONPLUS, FILTRAPLUS, FILTRATION CALCULATOR for the theory and experiment based Calculation of Filters, Filter Centrifuges, Hydrocyclones and the analysis of test data.